Thread: Science Unique Military Weapons
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
pie is never free

Cant believe that with all of the WWII books i've read and documentaries i've watched, that i'd never heard of this until a few days ago... a Japanese super submarine that carried and launched aircraft like a surface ship, the I 400 series.

Such a killer idea for those times, a real technical achievement that could've been extremely hard to deal with had it been invented sooner, luckily it never made it into action because it was designed primarily to strike at American cities on the coasts. It was a real piece of work, but its idea was usurped by the advent of missile technology that was much cheaper and easier to platform on a sub.

This is a short computer mockup that shows how it operated...

This is the full documentary for those inclined...

Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.