Thread: Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread*
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 10:13 AM   #3528
Supporter

I watched The Dig on Netflix. Knew nothing going in, but damn it was good.

It's about the beginnings of the excavation of Sutton Hoo site in the UK. This is about an understated of execution as it can be. But it really fits the time (1939 going into WWII) in the UK. And in the world of ADD media consumption, it restores a modicum of faith back into humanity.

The acting in this was a tall order, they asked the actors to convey a hell of a lot with virtually nothing for dialogue. And they knocked it out of the park. Ralph Fiennes is brilliant as always. But the rest of the crew did really well also, pretty much top to bottom. Top it off with writing that really made me buy into most of the characters by the end. Not really a nit to pick in the crew. The score was excellent as well. A ton of places to stub their toe and they really knocked it out of the park.

It is also worth noting that they broached a lot of pretty heavy subjects with grace and without beating you over the head with any of it. Death, leaving responsibilities, graverobbing in the name of history, legacies, humanity, war, fleetingness of life. Some really good stuff here. I mean really good. This one is going to hang with me for awhile.

Ton of respect for the filmmakers here.

I'd really recommend it, but don't go in expecting expecting mindless entertainment.

EDIT: Trailer

EDIT: Spoilered. They put a TON in there. I wouldn't watch the Trailer if you intend to watch the show. Better to not know.

Spoiler!
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote