Thread: Movies and TV Star Trek Picard
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 10:04 AM   #267
Still Lurking

I think the issue with the folks saying that "This is dark" is well...it is darker. In The Original and TNG it was space hippies and was trying to show how Humanity was changed from what it was in the 70's - the 90's. It gave hope that there was a better future and humanity would mature and grow out of it's way of thinking. I think this was Gene Roddenberry that drove this concept.

When he passed you had others take up the helm and they weren't part of the 60's revolution and they know that viewers want to see something else.

Now could there be a great story using Gene's vision of hope? Sure and Original series and TNG had some really good ones. But they also had some REALLY bad ones.

Same can be said about the newer series of DS9, Voyager, Enterprise and Discovery.

I think you just have your old timers remembering the glory days of hope and can't wrap their heads around the dark and the Federation really being bad just like all other governments.
Barret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli