View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 05:07 PM   #11
Beyond the Rapids

Most places, you can't just go and live there because you want to. You have to immigrate legally and it isn't always easy, particularly if you need to work.

That being said I have met people a few times who were moving to Costa Rica. Not sure what the draw is for Costa Rica specifically. One woman I was on a long flight with was moving there from South Africa, she was an Afrikaner and had enough of that country being run into the ground, people's land and homes being taken from them, etc. I think she was wealthy because she mentioned they were taking their nanny and housekeeper too, they also wanted to get out.

I also met another guy in Florida who said he was in the process of moving to CR because the land was cheap and the climate was great. He was of the stripe who thought the US was headed for a calamity or a financial collapse and what all so he didn't want to be here for it.

But I have family in Canada and spend a lot of time there. Quite a few extended family members have either moved to the US or lived in the US for a time. Many of them achieved a personal goal in becoming a dual citizen so they have the option of living in either place.

I've only known one American who settled in Canada, but he was kind of placed there since he's a minister. Mostly the Canadians talk to me about how they want to live here to escape the taxes.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.