Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 02:39 PM   #1624
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerinMo View Post
I started to watch Barry during season 1 but I didn’t stick with it, is it really good?
It's tough to pin down, but I'd characterize it as well above average.

It's certainly unique, and it certainly has iconic scenes. I'd say it even has iconic episodes.

It can be a little frenetic and navel-gazing, but the multiple payoffs are worth the occasional eye-rolls.

It kind of stitches together a number of well-worn tropes into something fresh and new, if that makes sense.

Basically, 'Barry' is an American-made killing machine. . . A military-trained ops-man, who is a little at-sea, a little PTSD, after his discharge, so he teams up with a guy who farms him out for contract kills for typical underworld types back in-country.

In the course of a hit gone bad, he is looking for a place to hide out and happens on a shitty acting class run by a wannabe actor/teacher played by Henry Winkler.

Barry has an epiphany in that one class, hanging out, and now has a strong desire to change his life and become a thesbian, but his former contacts, and his former targets aren't as enchanted with his desire to change career trajectory.

The rest is dark comedy juggling his new friends in this acting class and the underworld folk who either want him to keep killing or want to kill him for prior killings.

I trust from that description you can suss out some of the inspirations, but like I said the quality of the show is the fresh take and the commitment to the bit.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.