View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 11:14 AM   #120
MVP

I find it very distressing for three reasons, the first two more altruistic, the third selfish.

1. An insidious feature of this virus is the isolation it induces, including people dying alone in hospitals without the presence of their loved ones. I imagine the surviving family suffer the most from this. The dying must be treated as lepers. This is now occurring for approaching 2,000 victims per day globally. All so incredibly sad to contemplate.

2. If it's this stressful for me, with a secure job, I can't imagine what it's like for the economically dislocated. This is more stress than humans are designed to handle at once.

3. My daughter has severe asthma, and her lungs react strongly to even a cold. That makes me very nervous. My city is estimated to have only a small fraction of the beds and ventilators it will need even by conservative estimates of infection. Yet people continue to congregate as though there were no threat. The thought of my daughter being isolated while enduring what for her could be a life threatening illness is terrifying.
jerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli