Thread: Other Sports Calipari to Arkansas?!?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 09:55 AM   #99
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
Drew in 2024 is better than Calipari in 2024, yes.

I don't think a majority of people realize what he's done at Baylor was nothing short of a miracle. He inherited a program that was on probation for his first 7 years as HC, which also included the loss of scholarships for multiple seasons and the inability to play non-conference games for a season.

He recruits at a high level. Not as high as Calipari, who is probably the greatest recruiter of all time, but still very, very well. His teams also are very good offensively and defensively.

I get the criticism that he hasn't made the second weekend that often, but it's ****ing Baylor, and he has been there multiple times and likely would have been in contention for another second weekend or Final Four appearance in 2020.

The only reservation I have is his personality. It's a fishbowl in Lexington with the scrutiny he'd be under. I'm not sure how he'd handle that.

He isn't Dan Hurley, but he's a pretty damn good coach in his own right.
Tournament is a complete crapshoot, it doesn't matter. He's been a top 5 coach now for at least the past 5 years. Realistically, I don't know that they could do much better (after Hurley says no).
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.