Thread: Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 09:31 PM   #758
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

The first couple of seasons were pretty lame. I thought the pilot sucked bad enough that didn't watch it further. In fact, I really didn't like anything about it at first - the ship design, the uniforms, the characters, any of it (it really is amazing how unattractive they made Troi early on). Riker kind of seemed like a Kirk knockoff, and I remember describing the show to someone as "Kirk in space with his snooty dad." And Wesley was Jar Jar before there was a Jar Jar. I had no interest in it.

Then a couple of years passed, and I started hearing that it had improved, so I gave it another chance. That was the beginning of the third season. The uniforms were better, the characters were fleshed out, the stories were more compelling, and they started the Worf dishonor arc, which was really cool. Even the Enterprise D finally started to grow on me a bit, although I still don't like it nearly as much as the original. By the time Yesterday's Enterprise came along (still my favorite TNG episode) I was completely hooked.

The following year the station that aired it started showing reruns every night at 6:00, so then I watched the episodes from the first and second seasons for the first time. They were mostly klunkers, but there were a few gems that stood out. The Measure of a Man is probably the best early episode.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote