Thread: Football NFL MVP... Brees or Mahomes
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 10:06 PM   #170
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
What I hate is that every talking head that supports Brees as MVP talks about how he has never won an MVP and they use that fact as one of the deciding factors in believing he should be the MVP.

It's not a damn lifetime achievement award, and a player missing out in past seasons should have absolutely zero impact on who wins it this year.

And this may sound controversial, and I don't mean it to be, but I personally feel like if one of the young white quarterbacks was having the same statistical season that Mahomes is having, people would not be advocating so much for Brees.

I know that other black QBs have won MVP, but if Mayfield or Wentz had Mahomes' stat line and their teams were 9-2, I think the narrative would change. Right now the narrative is that wow, Mahomes is having an amazing, record breaking season, but it's just too bad for him because Drew Brees is playing great again and he since he has never been named MVP in the past, he will finally get the MVP he has deserved for so long.

But if it was Mayfield or Wentz the narrative would be that wow, Brees is playing unbelievable football, it's just unfortunate that he would be having a career season at the same time that Mayfield (or Carson) is making a push to set the passing TD record in his first season as a starting QB.

This season I would take a Super Bowl win, or even just a Super Bowl appearance, over Mahomes being named MVP in a heartbeat. But I also hate the idea of the MVP award being decided based on what a player has done in prior seasons.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Meh. I know race plays a large role in the way people perceive things, but I'm not getting that kind of vibe with the Mahomes vs Brees debate.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.