View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 02:22 PM   #1141
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I am absolutely flabbergasted that Leake's xFIP is still only 3.94. The guy is complete and total ass.

Against bad hitters, he is a good pitcher because he has decent control and they can't turn on his stuff very well. Against great hitters he might be one of the worst pitchers in the league, because he can't execute pitches with enough velocity or movement to fool any of them, and they just tee off.

I'd put it this way: facing a team like the Padres he's probably a lot like Lance Lynn. Facing a team like the Red Sox, he's Mike Maroth.

1) five stars for the Mike Maroth reference

2) it's almost as if FIP and xFIP have some significant flaws and holes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.