View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 03:32 PM   #15118
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I've taken to making my own 'mexican restaurant' white cheese dip. Y'know the stuff - the white cheese dip you get at every tex mex restaurant around. Nothing remotely authentic about it, but it's damn good.

Here's just the first recipe I can find for it to get started:

https://www.eatingonadime.com/mexican-white-cheese-dip/

Note - this HAS to be white American cheese. Not white cheddar, not Monterey jack. Not even that velveeta queso blanco. Look for white american cheese - it's normally pre-sliced over by the regular Kraft american slices you throw on hamburgers. If not, deli counters will have it.

Once you make a batch or two, there's no need for a recipe. It's brainless and you can do it in a microwave (which I prefer anyway for melting cheese to keep it from getting too hot, too fast).
I'm in the midst of making my own Mexican crema for my Baja fish tacos tommorrow night.

It's very simple. Can't wait to see what it tastes like.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote