Thread: Home and Auto EV Cars/Trucks
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 09:11 AM   #17
synthesis2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxford View Post
The big question(s) are ... what is the cost of the battery pack, electronics etc when it goes belly up (as everything does). Do parts only come from the dealer? Are they the only ones who will work on it? Those only get answered with time, but with a conventional autos the long term costs are more quantifiable.

On the other hand, owning a car may be a thing of the past, more like a three year lease arrangement. The times they are a changin'
Now I know everything comes with a caveat and nothing is 100% but Tesla said that the batteries on 2020 and newer should retain 90% of their charge at 160k miles. Said they should last 300k or more.

Now I know that there will be cars that are lemons etc but if that's true it should be a very inexpensive car to own. We have owned one for 3 years total now and only spent around ($500) give or take over those three years.

Dealing with Tesla has been really easy as well, when you want your tires rotated, ( I think it was $80 or so) you just plug it in the app and they have someone come out to your house and do it in your driveway, they are in and out in about 10 minutes.

Your right if the battery pack is a lemon then I get it , might be a lot of money .

And if your comparing a prius or a inexpensive car that gets great gas mileage then it may not make much sense but if you want premium cars/trucks that take premium unleaded etc it will save you a ton of money, but my wife loves it because its just an amazing car.
synthesis2 has disabled reputation