Thread: Movies and TV Better Call Saul
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 07:37 PM   #1520
Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth View Post
This season was fantastic, even though the final 2 episodes were a bit of a slower crawl, and not a cliffhanger to cap it.

What I really was surprised and liked was towards the beginning of the season and Mike's game of cat and mouse. Over the course of 2 or 3 episodes, they managed to fill about 40 minutes of him investigating will barely a word of dialogue. Yet it was interesting and entertaining - at least from my perspective.

This show is fantastic, and even more refined than BB. The writing is tighter, and the storyline more focused. It's not a knock on BB. The previous work on BB I'm sure was necessary to the tighter writing and a knowing where exactly they want to take the storyline.
No cliffhanger? What about Chuck setting fire to his place while he's in it? I enjoy the show, but it's slow...slower than molasses and I guess that's because they need to drag it out to make it a going concern. First episode of season 3, shows 'Cinnabon' Saul giving up a thief then yelling 'Dont say a ****ing word! Get a lawyer!' and then no advance of that story line the entire season.

Sure, the lines between Saul and BB are getting closer, but it remains to be seen when Jimmy becomes Saul the lawyer, even though he started using the name to sell his commercials.

After 3 seasons, there's been little progress and at this point, I'm almost ready to give up and wait 5-6 years to watch it in a bit more quicker fashion. Watching 8-9 episodes every 12 months has become a bit tiresome.
KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.