View Single Post
Old 01-08-2003, 01:08 AM   #31
Veteran

Quote:
Stanleychief, you're exactly right. I'm in the flooring business and there is the occasional bad job. Most of the time I should have known better than to take it. But once I have it's best to just make it work. Some of the worst jobs turn out to be the best referrals. You'll eventually make up the $$ if you do it right.
How true! I have had several referrals come back and say, "Oh man, when I heard you worked with so-and-so, I knew you could work with me!" Most of the time, the people they refer think they're a pain in the *** too!

When I get a doosey of a client, I just think to myself, "They're not my friend, they're a client. Once my job is over, I won't have to deal with them again!" It's all business, never personal, although that is much easier said than done a lot of times!
stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.