View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 09:14 AM   #153
I could of gone pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux View Post
Very cool story. 1980-1983 I was a "metal head" and the metal scene was oversaturated with shit bands. For example, Pantera were posers before they cashed in on Metallica's success, who I'm not sure were all that orignal to begin with, BUT they did have street cred, and their compositions were pretty good. My older brother bought alot of Heavy Metal albums back then and I'd thumb through them but there was just too many to actually give a listen to them all. Fates Warning was one I always skipped over. There was Venom, Mercyful Fate, Witchfinder General ad nauseum.

So about two years ago I went to see Raven in a NJ bar, and before they hit the stage they were playing music from back in the day. So while waiting for Raven to come on the stage, I see this guy singing along to a pretty good song and I asked him "who's this" and he says "Fates Warning".

I was happy for Savatage, who later became Christmas Metal extravaganza.
If you like Savatage, did you ever listen to the album Dr. Butcher? It was a '94 side project of Jon Oliva and Chris Caffery, I'm not sure if it came out here, I had the German import CD.

Right now I'm really getting into Rammstein. They have a catchy metal sound, sort of like Evanescence, not so much in that sound but crunchy guitar with a pop melody. Rammstein sells out stadiums in Europe and Russia, they are huge over there. The lead singer Till Lindemann, he doesn't really sing, grew up in East Germany behind the wall and his first album he bought was Alice Cooper Welcome to My Nightmare.

DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote