View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 11:40 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Not that I don't love Pachecco, but I feel like there's a tendency to overvalue his contributions because he was a 7th round Veach gem. He's a fast one cut back and great fit for us, but he doesn't bring much on 3rd down for passing or blocking, and he's not really a home-run hitter either. Ultimately, he's prob considered a mid-ranked starting RB in the league. I see that he was ranked #27 of #32 before the 2023 season, and #17 of #72 afterwards. I saw Pat talk about how much he's learned to harness the run game to set up his passing attack since he's become a pro and I assume since Pachecco's joined the team. So say we gave him an undeniably top quality back like Gibbs last year or Brooks this year, someone with at least top 25% RB in the league consideration, we could give Mahomes more opportunities to shine by balancing the offense. Hell, we already use the TE more than any other team in the league so upgrading our run game would be like the 3rd dimension of our unstoppable offense lol. This isn't to say that I think Lloyd would necessarily be that guy for us, but I wonder if Veach wouldn't get tempted to take a shot at an early RB again like he did with CEH previously and was rumored to have interest in Gibbs last year. Growing up KC always had one of the leagues best RBs, it was kind of what we were known for and would be fun to have again.
Agree his value and cost keep people happy. It would be nice to add a younger Mckinnon type. And I worry about his longevity with his running style.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.