Thread: Movies and TV JURASSIC WORLD
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 07:23 AM   #173
Deus ambulans inter homines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs View Post
All I could think of when Pratt was sliding under doors was Indiana Jones.

I'm on board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I guess I just didn't see what was so great about his performance in Jurassic...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
I'm on board... he was really, really good in Jurassic World. Which I just saw.
When it comes down to it, he doesn't have to play "Indy" because he would be playing his son.

Ford's character was always surly, and a curmudgeon. Something that I think was just part of a lot of his roles. I don't think that the way Pratt would approach the character, and if he was to incorporate it it would be dialed way down, and used sparingly.

What would work great for the character, in my opinion, would be to work off the dynamic of the son trying to make his own career and name outside the shadow of his father's reputation. A callback to the relationship between Ford and Sean Connery playing the iconic father.

Pratt could excel at using the idea of this unassuming nature. Letting people underestimate his own talents to work to his advantage.

You can certainly add depth to the character in terms of his struggles with keeping people close to him at a bit of a distance. A pseudo latchkey kid, whose parents never provided a stable environment - let alone reinforcement of being "valued". They were always too busy chasing down one adventure after the next, so he's been ingrained from a young age to see relic hunting as the pinnacle means of approval and self worth.

Thus, instead of a combative personality like his father, someone who is a bit more witty and sarcastic in deflection and embraces misdirection as a tactic against those he is faced with in pursuit of whatever ancient treasures he has his eye on.

I'd welcome him as a successor to Indy, I just think it would be better for the franchise to not try to straight up replace Ford's character as the same guy being cast with a new actor.
Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.