View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 12:07 PM   #161
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell View Post
J.T.Edson writes westerns, he has the Dusty Fog series.

Read everyone but zero in on those I mentioned
I am WELL versed in:

Louis L'Amour
Luke Short
Max Brand
Zane Grey
Edgar Rice Burroughs

As a freshman in HS, I was 4'11 and 96 lbs. Literature was my escapism...so naturally, macho cowboy books. ALL very well written. And Edgar Rice Burroughs... enough said.

If you want an all encompassing book, with a strong philosophical undertone, research "The Second Son" by Charles Sailor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very intriguing book
Reviewed in the United States on July 28, 2018
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
This is the third or fourth copy of this book I've bought - it's got a great, compelling story (which is why I tend to give it away). It's a novel about an ironworker who, saving his partner's life, falls 24 stories to the Manhattan pavement, and arises untouched. He then finds he has the ability to heal others by touching them - the Catholic Church (and other Christians) freak out, they take sides about Who This Is, while he just wants to live a normal life. The Vatican proclaims him the Second Son, but he wants none of it ... a very intriguing book, with lots of twists and some powerful spiritual insights that do NOT get in the way of a very good story. Buy it. Read it.
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.