Thread: Movies and TV House of the Dragon
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 10:46 AM   #37
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
I didn't read all the books. The show just did nothing to imply that she was unhinged until the very end. She had a temper at times, but even that was mild and even-handed compared to virtually every powerful character in the timeline of the show.
Yeah - it's far more apparent in the books because you're in her head for her chapters. You can see her inner workings and realize that as a narrator, she's really something of a petulant pile of barely controlled rage (and hormones - lord, the ink they dedicate to her wanting to bang Daario is awful).

I have never found her terribly likeable or sympathetic in the books - nothing like how she comes across in the show. As her POV chapters continue she sounds more and more like the show version of Viserys. "I AM THE DRAGON! I will take what is mine!" and shit like that.

And they don't completely avoid it in the series but like I said - folks often saw what they wanted to see there and responded with "Hell yea! Slay queeeeeen!"

When really they should've asked themselves if maaaaaybe a little trouble may be a brewin' here...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.