View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 02:33 PM   #884
Sometimes it's black and white

I liked Witcher 3 ok, but I'm not one of the fans that thinks it deserves to be on the all time best list.

Witcher 3 does a good job developing the other characters you interact with. I liked that. Although I got a bit annoyed at being forced into a melodramatic love story. Witcher 3 was the first one I played. Maybe I would have been more invested if I had played the previous ones.

Witcher 3 has more a story based side quests. Skyrim is more fight your way through this dungeon and retrieve some object at the end.

Skyrim allows far more flexibility in play style. You can play as a Nord tank that never uses spells or potions or you can play as a squishy magic user.

I usually play Skyrim as some combination of Magic user/archer/sneak.

Witcher 3 basically forces you to play as a sword fighter and there aren't really any spells.

Yes it has an attribute that works a bit like a Skyrim dragon shout. It has a crossbow, but that is pretty ineffective. There are some things you can throw.

So I didn't find the Witcher 3 combat as interesting. (If you like playing strictly as fighter, you might like it better). Skyrim has far more flexibility in how you approach each combat, especially if you become a high level magic user.

I finished Witcher 3 but didn't have any interest in the DLC and/or playing through again. There are one or two spots you could make a different choice, but for the most part, it is going to be the same story.

Skyrim can still be interesting to come back to and play in a different style.

Your mileage may vary.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.