View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 09:07 AM   #185
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Why? Everything I've read says it was a good to fair deal.
I wanted Harper. Didn't happen. Besides that move, what would you have done to get some offense into the lineup?
Would you rather pay 25 million in AAV for Paul Goldschmidt's decline years or 25 million in AAV for Bryce Harper's prime and then his decline years?

There were ways to make this all work out great, but this team in not well run.

The Sonny Corleone move would be to give Harper whatever he wants
The Fredo Corleone move would be to sign a 32 yo 1B to a five year extension
The Micheal Corleone move would be to sign Harper and give Goldschmidt a shorter deal with a higher AAV.

There is no ****ing way he would get 5/130 in FA w/ a QO attached to him. None.

This team is not intelligent. They routinely overpay for players on the wrong side of 30 (Fowler, Cecil, now Goldschmidt) and piss away millions on contracts for the most volatile and fungible players in baseball--middle relievers.

Gregerson+Cecil+Miller will be lucky to give the Cardinals 1.5 WAR this year, and they'll cost as much as Bryce Harper.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.