View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 09:55 AM   #14
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The Pats made hay by having Tom Brady at 70% of his market value.

Ignoring measurables and taking 'good football players' is how you end up falling in love with someone like Paul Dawson who never amounts to anything to speak of. It's how you'd look at the Clemson linebackers in 2017 and decide you want Ben Boulware instead of Dorian O'Daniel.

Chris Jones was essentially drafted off of measurables, as was Dee Ford. When you have the coaching staff we have, I'd take the measurables guy 9 times out out of 10 and rely on my coaches to put them in a position to put those measurables to good use.

Give me a good coaching staff and guys that can run like deer. Don't give me a pile of 'Right 53' saps who know how to play football but look like they're moving in quicksand. I got no use for the Greg Schiano/Scott Pioli school of team building.
Obviously not. I'm not saying throw out the measurables as they normally are about the best way to see if a guy can play or not.

But look at how that's worked out for the chiefs in regards to some picks like tanoh. Sure, whichever way you go you're going to miss some.

But you just aren't likely to get blue chippers later in the first round. I'd either start taking guys that you could get in the 2nd because of maybe off field stuff whose measurables are nuts or taking good football players who maybe ran a slower 40 etc.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.