View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 03:19 PM   #130
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I don't think you'll need to beat Tucker by that much but hey, if that's what it costs I'd be fine with it.

I've said this before but I've never understood the "Don't pay a kicker" or "Don't draft a kicker" thing. Those guys generate points. They're not punters - they friggen matter out there. And Butker has saved us innumerable times over the last several years. He's completely unflappable and I think if we needed a 65 yarder to win/tie in the post-season over the next 4-6 years, he'd hit it.

That's worth a fair chunk. I'd be just fine adding 5 years to the back of his present deal to take him through his age 34 season. 5/35 with, say, $15 million in guarantees? Yeah - done. I'm in.
A large number of games and especially playoff games tend to be 7 points or less. Great kickers are weapons. Look at the Buffalo playoff game when Bass missed and ended their season. Look at Butker in the SB when he went out and bested Mooney’s SB record kick. Heck KC wins easily if Mooney doesn’t nail not one, but two 50+ yard FGs. Butler has been nails on so many critical FGs over the years that KC would be foolish to not keep him.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote