View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 03:18 PM   #129
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The call has been made on Townsend. He's a pending FA who hired Drew Rosenhause. He's gone.

Now there may still be a call to make between Araiza and some fungible UDFA or SFA competition - sure. And when it gets made, that's fine too.

Because all we've lost is a league average punter with consistency issues who was mis-hitting the shit out of about half his punts in the post-season. Credit to him for getting a tough snap down but there are bad snaps every single week and most holders get them down.

You know what Matt Ariaza will be doing for the 40 hours/wk his teammates are out there in pads? Learning how to hold. WTF else does he have to do?

That's why punters are almost always the holders now. Practice time limitations mean that you need your QB2 out there running scout team against your defense instead of hanging out with the STs bozos.

But your punter? He's just hanging out. So you send him out there with the long-snapper and teach him how to {checks notes} catch a snap.

It'll be fine.
If Townsend being gone is a foregone conclusion thats fine. I don't have an issue paying butker and Townsend to have the best possible kicking game. I don't think he's nearly as replaceable as we want him to be nor should we minimize the importance of a holder especially when we're bringing in a guy with no experience doing it.

But yeah if it's about money, I get it and we'll make it work. It's intriguing but still risky
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.