View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 10:42 AM   #30
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Rankins actually looked good when he was in at LG. I would rather give Niang a year to learn the offense as the swing tackle.
I think we've overstated how good Rankin was, but he showed enough potential that with additional development he could win the job.

I mean we kill Wylie, but he gave up 2 sacks in over 700 snaps. Rankin gave up 1 in less than 300. Small sample size caveats apply for Rankin but he'd have needed to go 400+ additional snaps without giving up a sack to 'beat' Wylie and if he gives up only 1 he's just on par with the guy who we thought was just trash in pass pro.

And the run blocking was no better with Rankin in there than it was with Wylie.

I'm basing my faith in Rankin on the fact that he showed himself capable of being an adequate backup with very little experience and he has the pedigree (college and draft status) to continue improving. But if the injury gets in the way of that, he's probably no better than Wylie. He needs to continue to develop to win that spot.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.