View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 07:31 PM   #78
Rest in Peace Zachary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Do you spend hundreds of dollars out of your own pocket for a costume on gameday? Do you devote your entire weekends to charity promotions to benefit the local community? These guys work their asses off for very little personal benefit. I know each of them personally and they're a goofy crew. Yeah, some of their may costumes suck. Some of them may think that they're leading the crowd in cheers and we couldn't figure out the appropriate time to get loud without their expertise...

But all their faults are vastly outweighed by their selflessness. They are in every sense of the word "Superfans" and I love each one of them. It doesn't have anything to with you or I. It's not a competition. They're doing the right thing. Trust me on that.

I spend literally hundreds of dollars a year buying tickets, new Chiefs gear and other items. Do I devote entire weekends to helping my community..... sure do, volunteer at my church all the time and coach USA wrestling in a volunteer capacity.

As far as them being "superfans" I have already stated my opinion on that. For me it is simply a way for these guys to gain some semblence of fame, I would bet about anything that when they meet people out of "costume" that they will mention "who they are" within minutes. So it is simply a case of them wanting to draw attention to themselves. And as far as their charity work goes...... great for them, really I admire anyone that does that. But if they REALLY wanted to help the Chiefs and be a "superfan" why don't they devote more time and energy to volunteering at some of the players charities instead of someday dreaming of having their own special little sign down on the field besides Wil Shields "Wil to Succeed" charity banner. Personally I am irritated by people that are constantly "needing" the attention they are seeking. I have often heard the better person you are the less you have to talk about it for people to realize it. I think it is pretty similar for fans as well.
Chiefs_Mike_Topeka is not part of the Right 53.Chiefs_Mike_Topeka is not part of the Right 53.Chiefs_Mike_Topeka is not part of the Right 53.Chiefs_Mike_Topeka is not part of the Right 53.Chiefs_Mike_Topeka is not part of the Right 53.Chiefs_Mike_Topeka is not part of the Right 53.Chiefs_Mike_Topeka is not part of the Right 53.Chiefs_Mike_Topeka is not part of the Right 53.Chiefs_Mike_Topeka is not part of the Right 53.Chiefs_Mike_Topeka is not part of the Right 53.Chiefs_Mike_Topeka is not part of the Right 53.