View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 02:09 PM   #6107
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
401k doesn't matter since you don't have decisions to make about individual stocks. I have a 401k and a Roth. I treat those differently than my TD Ameritrade account.

There are myriad stocks that have a "buy" rating from my advisors. It's at this point in time that they don't advise buying stocks because the overall market is not moving in the right direction. That could change in a few days.

I've learned to play the middle 80% of the market. Don't buy bottom feeders and don't try to pick the top. When to buy and when to sell are critical. That's where professionals come into play. They do market analysis for a living. I don't.

Good investing!

Definitely, but in the long term, passive strategies tend to outperform active strategies.

Is your managed account doing better than your retirement accounts?

I'm often tempted to take a more hands on approach, but haven't yet.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote