View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 03:48 PM   #62
Veteran

I agree that you want to find interior pass rushers. The problem with that is they are far less common than edge rushers. Donald is extremely rare. So I think you'll still see teams go after edge rushers because even though it's a longer route to the QB, it has still been proven effective even in this era.

I have some extreme ideas about secondary play. I disagree with going after safeties unless they are elite cover guys. I think you should go after all corners pretty much unless there are elite safeties. Generally, corners are faster and better cover guys than safeties. You can't hit guys over the middle now, so having an intimidating hitter at safety is useless in this era. I think you go all corners and convert them to safety. That puts more speed and coverage ability on the field. With the way teams spread out on offense now, walking out a safety to go man to man on a TE is kinda pointless. Might as well be a corner, a guy who is more comfortable in that role.

To get even more extreme, I wonder if you couldn't start converting more receivers to corner. With the way you can't use your hands in coverage anymore, having former receivers able to mirror routes and use their ball skills would be interesting. Poor tackling and big plays are going to be the norm anyway. Might as well have a bunch of fast guys out there who can catch the ball on defense.
Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Blick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.