View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 01:31 PM   #100
Suupraa Geniuuusss

[QUOTE=splatbass;15073701]I can't spend my life worrying over every unlikely event. Life is too short for that. I find it odd that you are more worried about gun violence than COVID, since you are far more likely to get COVID - especially since you take no precautions.

For me it is just the opposite. I'm high risk so you bet your ass I wear a mask when in public. But I've made it 58 years without being a victim of gun violence, so I'm not going to worry about it too much.

Oh, one more thing, concealed firearms are against the law here, except in very rare cases.

I understand the math. Violent crime, while rare, is spiking almost 50% higher than before the virus. And a BG with a gun/knife is far more deadly than the virus. Also the virus has a consistent infection/death rate, both of which are pretty low for someone of my age and health. Add in the fact that I live a pretty low-risk type of lifestyle (don't have much interaction with people in general and certainly not for any extended period of time) makes it highly unlikely that wearing a mask for the few seconds I actually interact with humans would be meaningful.

Quote:
But I've made it 58 years without being a victim of gun violence, so I'm not going to worry about it too much.
The second or third most common excuse I hear at class. Usually followed by "and then this happened . . . which is why I decided to sign up for this class."

Quote:
Oh, one more thing, concealed firearms are against the law here, except in very rare cases.
That's too bad. Maybe you should look into what you can do about that. But I'd rather be alive and judged by 12, than dead and carried out in a box by 6.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote