View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 11:05 AM   #13
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Watkins is gone in 2020.
If there is a new CBA....you can June 1st cut Hitchens in 2020.
And you can June 1st cut Clark in 2021.

The dead cap hits suck but at least they’re gone. Although if all three of those happen....it won’t be Veach making those decisions.
I don't think you can June 1 Clark in 2021, not based on what I've read.

From what I've seen, his 2021 salary is fully guaranteed on the 3rd day of the league year in 2020. So in that case you're paying him $18.5 million base either way in 2021 and see no cap savings.

Unless you just rip the band-aid off and cut his ass this offseason. But if you do that, you fire Veach at the same time and frankly with the $38 million in dead money it creates, I don't think it's even possible.

Veach ****ed that acquisition up so badly. What the hell was he doing effectively guaranteeing 3 years/$63 million to this goddamn guy?

The only hope I have is that the contract sites have it wrong and the 2021 salary doesn't guarantee until the 3rd day of 2021. If they really created a contract that made him impossible to cut in 2020 AND guaranteed his salary for 2021 within that same 2020 window...Jesus.

What an absolute idiot.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.