View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 08:26 AM   #27
💩 Village Idiot 💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
I got it in the first place. I think you're misguided.

RB's always do well in Reid's scheme. Always. Because, as you say, they are 'schemed open'.

Hunt had some particular physical attributes, notably outstanding balance. Damien Williams is a good receiver, pass blocker, shifty runner with some power and 'want to'. He produces like a top 10 back projected over a full season. You also have Darrel Williams, who has looked like an excellent power back in limited duty. And Ware, who just a couple of years ago was your #1 back and has 4 years now in the offense. If you had to, West has also been decent. You have a stable of RB's that can all produce.

Statistically speaking, however, we lost absolutely nothing when Hunt left. The production didn't drop off.

When you have a top flight offense with everyone returning, including depth at RB, and a #31 ranked defense, you don't spend draft capital or FA money on RB's. Even with Hunt here, RB is like the 3rd option of this offense.
Well firstly Ware is a free agent this offseason and is unlikely to be back. Secondly Williams has been in the league for a while now and this is his best ever period of production and why is that? It's because he's scheme reliant imo and isn't someone who's natural ability can change a game like Kareem could. Tbh I would be stunned if the Chiefs follow your logic and don't get a new rb. Yes, the defense needs attention but there is no harm in strengthening your strength (offense) a little more too.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.