View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 07:22 PM   #138
Resident Glue Sniffer

This thread still alive?

I want to get finally take the plunge into PC gaming; primarily for X plane , DCS, and American Truck simulator. Casual gaming; something to do to unwind after work / weekends. I enjoy the procedures of flying, and like driving. Would likely never get into any sort of FPS or anything.

I probably would be involved with Plane for a while before DCS as I only have some GA aviation peripherals. And would still want to get a decent wheel/pedal shifter and military type HOTAS. Both of which are down the line

How screwed am I $-wise if I want to play X-Plane / DCS smoothly on sort of a 'medium' setting in 1080 single monitor? I'm assuming If a set up plays either of those smoothly, it'll handle American Truck Sim. Is this something (computer only) that could be had in the $1500-1800 range?

X-PLane 12 (as I'm assuming 12 will be surpassing 11 soon)
Recommended Hardware Requirements:
CPU: Intel Core i5 8600k or Ryzen 5 3500 or better, or Apple Silicon
Memory: 16-24 GB RAM or more
Video Card: a DirectX 12-capable video card from NVIDIA or AMD with at least 4 GB VRAM (GeForce GTX 1070 or better, or similar from AMD)

DCS
these were listed as recommended for high settings;....I'd be fine with Medium I suspect.

OS 64-bit Windows 10;
DirectX11;
CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz or AMD FX / Ryzen; RAM:
16 GB (32 GB for heavy missions);
Free hard disk space: 120 GB on Solid State Drive (SSD) + extra space for paid content ;
Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon RX VEGA 56 with 8GB VRAM or better;
Joystick;
requires internet activation.

American Truck Simulator
Recommended:
Processor: Quad core CPU 3.0 GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 760-class (2 GB)
Storage: 7 GB available space
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.