Thread: Life Sleep Apnea...
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 08:20 PM   #132
Veteran

I just had to replace my Resmed S-10, because it says the motor is about shot, (black) of +5 years with a Resmed s-11 (grey/white) today. My insurance would cover it if I "rented" it for 10 months at $130/month. So $1300 lighter, I would "own" it. They wanted me to get another prescription from my DR to do another sleep study at a hospital. If I failed, then the insurance company would allow me to rent it!! HOOPS to jump through. Even though I have been using one for +5 years???

The difference between the s10 and s11 is nominal. Do you want it smart? Not me, don't care. etc.

If found one the s11 for $600 and used my HSA. Not online. I now, have looked on line and found a Resmed S10 for ~$300-500. I will return the S11 and keep the nasal pillows. I am not sure I can use my HSA online though. Maybe I can submit receipts??

I bought 2 (one in reserve) Resmed Air fit P30i nasal pillows halo type with the nose inserts, which I haven't used before. Before, I used the nasal pillows that just sit under the nose. It does move a bit and annoying. I think the inserts will work much better.

Thus, use your HSA, if you can, and buy online a ResMed S-10, P30i, and a Soclean machine to keep you stuff clean. Total = $500+80+300. ~$900 vs $1300 through insurance.

The only thing that is consumable is the $80 mask every 6 months and some filters in the Soclean.

In the end, you will sleep much better and have more energy. After the initial set up costs, maintenance is not that bad for the benefit you receive

Last edited by Holladay; 01-25-2024 at 08:32 PM..
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.