View Single Post
Old 10-09-2022, 02:03 PM   #122
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razaele View Post
Every one of these stories - “they never did anything like that before!”
As a runner I spend a lot of time on the street. I haven't been threatened frequently, but whenever a dog comes after me the moron owner always says that.

Well, guess what? I've never sued anyone into extreme poverty, but if you're too stupid to leash your dog, I guess that'll be two firsts. I've been charged by dogs enough that I will absolutely get a late-night lawyer and sue you for everything I can get. I've lost patience with stupid owners.

The last time it happened to me was terrifying. A biggish dog was going to kill me until the stupid owner sprinted up and grabbed it. And then two hours later when I passed by the house on the way home, the dog was still running loose. That idiot is going to fund my retirement at some point.

Now, I probably should carry mace, but it happens infrequently enough that it's hard to justify carrying something around on every run. But this is reminding me that I should. Plus, I guess it'll train the dogs if the owners are too stupid to do so.

I've actually been charged more often than I probably remember. But if a dog charges me on a leash, the owner's good and they can always stop it. I did have a woman almost go down when she was walking two labs and one of them went insane when I ran by 30 feet away from her. But she hung on, so I tip my hat to her.

Of my three scariest incidents, two were labs, which surprises me. But labs are so common that I guess even a low attack incidence will produce a few problems due to sheer numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebag View Post
Seems like they are everywhere, especially with societies shift towards normalizing thugisms

Very sad for this family and others who have had bad experiences with mad dogs

We had a pit bull ban in Denver until about 18 months ago. Everyone seems to have one now, and these aren't thugs. They're pretty normal-looking (usually young) people. I have two theories behind this:

1. There was sweet and sad violin music for years about the ban and how it unjustly punished a lovable breed. I think that might have convinced a lot of the younger population that pit bulls are sweeties who have been persecuted, and now we're seeing a population boom by those people in an attempt to atone.

2. The modern internet culture makes it cool to go against advice, recommendations, and common sense. So maybe it's cool now to get a pit bull to show that "no one can tell me what to do".

I'm sure there's an appeal to thugs as well, but I live in a low-thuggery neighborhood so I don't see that.

With good owners, I suspect that most owners will be fine, and probably 1 percent of owners will get totally screwed because their dog will "never do that before" until it decides one day to maul a person.

Last edited by Rain Man; 10-09-2022 at 02:08 PM..
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote