View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 04:45 PM   #133
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
Move Turner to 2B. Hosmer at 1B. Machado at 3B.

Turners second most played position is 2B.
Hard to ask an older player to make a switch to the other side of the diamond, even if it's a guy that's played there in the past.

2b requires more flexibility than people realize. Not just the pivot but merely the act of catching, turning and throwing. I think it's harder on the body than playing 3b and by a fair amount. More of the game is played behind you or moving away from you at that point as well.

That would be his age 33 season without having played a significant amount of 2b since 2011. Seems like a damn tough ask to me. I think that's why the Cardinals have finally given up on the idea of trying Carpenter at 2b even if it's far enough up the defensive spectrum to make him ridiculously valuable there if he's even adequate defensively.

It might work, it's just not the way I'd go about it.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.