View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 09:38 AM   #178
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Based on what premise? Because you surely can't believe we hit well enough to be competitive.
Oh, there's the makings of a respectable offense here.

Merrifield
Mondesi
Dozier
Soler
Perez
Gordon

isn't bad at all. If Mondesi stays healthy, that could be a pretty dynamic grouping. Personally, I'd flop Merrifield and Mondesi and let Whit see more fastballs.

They need more from 1B, CF, and 2B (Nicky Lopez) offensively to be a legitimately good lineup, but 2/3 of the setup isn't bad.

They should be talking to the Dodgers about Joc Pederson. He would be a better option in CF than Merrifield, is still only 27, and swings left. If the Dodgers were ready to send him out for Luis Rengifio, the price tag on him isn't that high.

If they were willing to send $10 million with it, I'd bet they could get Pederson and may even a lower-level lotto ticket prospect from the Dodgers for Ian Kennedy.

^ This is the type of creative thing Mecca is asking for. I'd be all over it.

Pederson is a free agent after this season, but so is Kennedy. I'd consider Pederson a more tradeable commodity than Kennedy, generally.

If that were to happen:

Mondesi - SS
Merrifield - RF
Dozier - 3B
Pederson - CF
Soler - DH (know this is weird, but it stacks 3 good OBP guys right in front of him, all of whom can run)
Perez - C
Gordon - LF
O'Hearn/McBroom - 1B
Lopez - 2B

That's actually a pretty good lineup. You'd sit Pederson against lefties, and Perez probably gets some time at 1B instead of McBroom, especially against lefties.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.