View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 12:14 AM   #7589
Just a li'l Evel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
my dad wants me to lowball the seller on this house i looked at today

i'm thinking there's no ****ing way i have a shot if i do that - everything in the house is practically brand new, they rehabbed the shit out of it - there's at least five or six offers coming in this weekend

i'd be stupid to lowball...right?
Never offer above what you’d be willing to pay based on all you’ve seen so far, and how much you want this home (what are the pro’s and cons. What is a dealbreaker and what are you willing to live with. What is easily changeable —like paint and landscaping — what’s not: location, tile work etc.) Use your agent as a consultant on offer price. If the sellers agent expects 5 or 6 offers chances are it’ll go over asking.

I’ve bought and sold six homes. This last time we got outbid on four homes. A couple times by a lot. Cash offers. Etc. But our offer was what I was willing to pay and be satisfied, not what I thought would win the house. One of them I went to bed hoping we didn’t get it. We didn’t. this one we ended up with we bud high but it’s much better than any we got beat out on, and wasn’t the most expensive either.

There is ALWAYS another house.

Last edited by TinyEvel; 02-20-2021 at 12:33 AM..
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.