View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 04:22 PM   #53
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
Wow has that quote hit me hard. I'm about to transition to my 4th job in roughly 6 years. I keep eyeballing the big salary increases, while hoping that I'll get a commensurate amount of challenge to go with it. What I'm finding is I come in, kick ass and climb the mountain, then after about a year, I am not challenged enough and want something more. I'm about to start working for the VA, so I hope I'll be satisfied with the job security, benefits, and serving veterans. Just a bit terrified of this constant wanderlust and how its going to bite me in the ass someday.

As for the OP, working out helps a ton, and a little pot to settle the mind has always helped. Just don't overdue it. Stick to the weekends.
Yeah - what worries the shit out of me is to think about it like a racing dog.

If the greyhound catches the rabbit, he'll never race again. He realizes it's just a stuffed rabbit - what's the !@#$ing point?

It's unnerving at times. For me it's now become a pursuit of enough liquidity to purchase a bunch of land and spend a couple decades building something for my kids and grandkids to have after me. But shit - now I'm paycheck collecting and pursuing as much wealth as I can to make that possible. And that's no better. Moreover, it's a 20 year pursuit and things that far in the distance don't provide the near-term gratification to keep you sated.

It's a hard line to walk.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.