View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 02:48 PM   #43845
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
I can only give a layman's answer. My understanding is that you would need to reduce the cycles so that you are closer to measuring active virus AND pair that with clinical diagnosis of Covid like symptoms. If we did that we would have a better view of cases worth monitoring.

There is also the issue of how accurate these tests are..my understanding is that is a big unknown as well.
Well... I did post this link to an article yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Diagnosing COVID-19 infection: the danger of over-reliance on positive test results

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....26.20080911v3

I'd recommend reading the whole thing, but an interesting blurb.

This is based on a widespread belief that positive results in these tests are highly reliable. However, data on PCR-based tests for similar viruses show that PCR-based testing produces enough false positive results to make positive results highly unreliable over a broad range of real-world scenarios
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote