View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 10:11 AM   #146
Supporter

I have some fun dental experiences too.

I've always had this thing where I don't get numb. Since I was a kid I'd tell a dentist it still hurt, and they'd assure me I'd had enough and continue. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes I can feel every single thing you're doing and every single nerve twinge while you're drilling.

2-3 years ago, I had a molar crack down into the gum along the root. If I touched my teeth it was a thumping ache like I'd never felt. I was sent to an oral surgeon to pull it. Local shots, and I could feel everything. More shots and I can still feel it. More shots and they start the extraction. It's rough. I'm sweating, It hurts like a sonnabitch and after a few minutes of wrenching on top of me the dentist stands down. I think he's don and tell him "wow, that was way worse than the other times I've had this done"....I'd had 3 wisdom teeth done with local only, and it was fine. He looks mortified and says...we're just getting started. You've got a "hot tooth" and it's not going to go numb....we're far enough along, this has to come out.....Normally I'd knock you out but I can't because...reasons....this isn't going to be fun. He spends 10 minutes wrenching an not only can i feel it, but I get this really intense nerve pain...he finally asks I if I want some gas. I've never had that, but yes I want the F'ing gas.....and they put on the mask....It's good stuff, I'd like to have some for home.......it helps but man. Eventually it comes out.....It was the dental experience everyone is afraid of....fun times.

I had another time a lady dentist cut me with the drill. I didn't move, she slipped...and then she bitched at me for bleeding too much after she cut me.

Last year I went in to a new dentist for 2 fillings. I was in the chair 20 minutes total, it was like a nascar pit stop in my mouth. When they were done, the fillings were rough......and I got charged $1,300.....for 2 fillings that took 20 minutes total.

It's not always bad experiences, but you should know that even reasonable, otherwise tough people aren't enjoying that visit either.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.