View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 10:36 AM   #244
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
Ok it's 3rd and 8 and you need a first down or you lose. What play are you all going to most of the time?
This is my absolute favorite play in Madden 18.

Shotgun 4 wide HB circle

Depending on the defense you may want to audible your HB to block, depending on your OL. I almost always do unless I only need a 4-5 yard gain from the RB.

Your first read is the deep crosser.

Again man coverage with a decent receiver he will break wide open for an easy 15+ yard gain.

Against Cover 2 you have to wait for him to clear into the middle of the field, depending on the depth of the MLB. This requires a lot of protection, and you may just want to chuck it to the guy in the right slot running the deep route.

Against Cover 3 forget it, and you need to hit the Z on the deep out as soon as he breaks.

This is probably all you need to think about, but occasionally the defense will be in some 3-man rush with gobs of DBs and then you're really going to need to hold it until the Y beats his man deep. It's usually a low percentage throw depending on how good your WR is.

But it seems like 75% of the time I can get a first down on third and 8 reading X first and then throwing to Z if he's covered. It does take an accurate QB to hit the deep out properly, though.

A lot of times you can get an easy TD if you recognize Cover 1 before the snap and your guy in the right slot has a good matchup. You've seen this before on my videos.

Definitely my favorite play, though.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.