Thread: Football Broncos news megathread
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 09:28 AM   #15770
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Broncos fans can't decide which career backup they want to pimp. It changes every week.

Not really... I don't know of any that believe Sloter is better. The Lynch pick is a bust, so however they plan to move on, so be it. It didn't cost them much to take the gamble. Trevor is a bargain for the pick, paint it however you like... they lucked out with him or whatever. Fact is, they drafted him and have allowed him to win the job twice now... this year, after revamping everything to cater to Lynch. All of that and Trevor still prevailed.

I get that he's not a name and it's not a glamorous pick, but I don't care. We're on to the regular season now. Broncos fans know what we have and I (for one) am fine with however it ends up, I don't think they fall under .500 barring injury. I still believe they're a 9-10 win team... no playoffs.

Meanwhile, you guys are pimping the 2018 world with your new QB and are going to bite your lips and grunt into the pillow as Alex goes in dry in his final hurrah as the QB in KC. Or... and it's already started, you'll experience a weekly living hell with cries of 'start the rookie' as KC continues to do what they do with Alex. Scratch the surface of greatness in spite of Alex and hope all the other parts pull their weight, in conjunction to injuries to teams in your path helping you out along the way.

I don't see the 2017 season ending in glorious fashion for either of our teams, if the end goal is playoff success and titles. And, when that happens for KC - you're now focused on giving the new kid time to grow and if he has little chance to do that in 2017, 2018 is a transition year and your new view to greatness is on 2019. If Denver fails and Trevor is as bad as many of you proclaim, Denver moves on and tries to land someone like Cousins. If Denver improves and Trevor plays well, then 2018 looks brighter.

Either way... keeping the rookie on the bench gives KC fans home for 2019. Denver plays this right and Trevor continues to improve, they're playing for greatness in 2018.

So, we'll see what happens...
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.