View Single Post
Old 02-04-2024, 10:07 AM   #96
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
Think i prefer earlier versions Duncan. With this version we seem worse at CB, DT and I'm not sure we sufficiently improve at WR. I'm not a Samuel fan and Burton feels like a player we don't really need. If we have pick 19 I'm using it to get Thomas or Franklin and feeling a lot more confident about WR.

DT looks pretty strong in FA. I think there's a good chance if we let Jones walk we can rebuild a more rounded room without needing a DL R1 pick, that'd be my preference. Maybe I'm too locked in on a single approach, I dunno.
If I remember right, Thomas WAS available in this draft at 19. You could certainly go that route (or Franklin) and approach it differently, but I was purposely trying to avoid taking a WR in round 1.

One thing that makes me more informed about the draft - and I think better able to be balanced when reacting to the things the Chiefs actually do - is trying to take different approaches and see how they work out.

Roster building is intricate and fascinating. There are a lot of factors, so these "whole offseason" exercises are a lot of fun. I'll do a few more, I'm sure, as the draft approaches.

Re: Burton, I think that's a player with a well-rounded skillset who can be a much better pro than college player.

He doesn't drop the ball. He tracks deep balls well. He has good speed and solid size. He can run routes. He has been an inside and outisde receiver in college. It's not as sexy as Franklin or Brian Thomas (who I think is a one-trick pony right now, though he is very, very good at that one trick).
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.