View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 01:04 AM   #68
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Trading Jones and our 1st round pick for a third WR? **** that.

Ruggs is good but that makes our team way worse. You’re trading Jones to get cost controlled guys at other positions that are needed.
Possessing two of the top 3 fastest players in the league at WR with Mahomes isn’t making a team worse. It’s eliminating any potential defense against this offense. He wouldn’t be a WR3, he’d take Sammys place and with his cap number coming a rookie contract would allow the team to continue to build throughout the roster with financial flexibility, especially with Jones contract gone.

This isn’t just a speed guy, he had one of the lowest drop rates in the country. I understand not wanting to draft a WR high but overall he brings up the teams ceiling higher than anyone else due to their being another player that absolutely requires deep safety help, especially with Pat throwing the ball. With Reek also out there, you essentially put the defense in a spot to dedicate 4 defenders to contain the last level against two deep threats and allows Kelce/RBs to eat in the shallow/intermediate levels with Hardman essentially being a chess piece throughout the offense.

Just don’t see a late first CB or LB making that type of difference personally. I understand wanting to trade down for more assets but at the end of the day, Veach can find the roster fillers and I think it’s best to go for the blue-chip game changers in the 1st round.
ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.