View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 11:58 AM   #92
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGator View Post
Well, the one week you KNOW you will use your backup defense the Bucs play the Saints. I don't love that matchup. The Bucs are a very good defense though, so I might still think about picking them up if they are on the waiver wire.

I don't actually love the Steelers either.. they finished in the bottom half of the defenses last year in my scoring format. I think they live on name only at this point, especially since the Steelers blow everyone out and the other team tends to get more points against them just because they have to.

I would consider, or at least keep watching, the Jags defense. No one is talking about them, since they are shrugging off the first game as Houston is that bad. The Jags got TEN sacks.. TEN! Recovered three fumbles, an interception, and scored. That is not just a bad opponent, that is excellent defensive play as well. They are a very good, athletic defense at all levels, and are finally getting competent coaching it seems. And the Jags are going to be running much more this year, which will shorten games and keep scoring low. I think they end up a top five defense by the end of the year. ( NOTE: I am not a Jags fan at all.. but I was forced by local TV and Irma to watch the game last weekend. )

Jags play the Bengals on the Steelers bye week.
Jags aren't available. I have them in my other league.

I could drop the Steelers and pick up the Bucs.

The available defenses right now are:

Bengals
Bucs
Cowboys
Chargers
Colts
Redskins
Lions
Giants
Bills
Titans
Falcons
Bears
Browns
Dolphins
49ers
Packers
Jets
Saints
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.