Thread: Life Pets of Chiefs Planet
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 12:47 PM   #2394
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
So, last Tuesday this guy was going nuts when the Fedex guy was dropping off a package. This is normal every time we get a delivery. This time, however, he did something to injure himself. The wife and I were at work but my son was there and he heard it from downstairs. Said he had never heard such a blood curdling scream from a dog.

Didn't think a lot of it because I've had dogs tweak something and then a day or two later, they're fine. Well, this time he was not better the next day. If anything, he was worse. He couldn't really walk as his whole left side was not functioning properly. So we took him to the local emergency vet and they diagnosed him with a probable bulging disc in his neck/back (4th vertebrate, I think).

They sent us over to the Kansas State Veterinary Health Center emergency. He spent a few days in there, the first couple just waiting to get an MRI. The MRI confirmed the bulging disc and he had surgery to remove the debris. His condition didn't change the day after surgery but the following day he was already getting better and walking.

We brought him home and now he's confined to cage rest for 2 months. I can already tell he's going to absolutely hate this since he loves to always be around me. I was down in the basement yesterday and he was whining because he had to be upstairs in his cage. But it has to be this way. This is especially important since we have 2 other dogs and my son, who is staying with us temporarily until he gets back on his feet, also has 2 dogs.
I feel so sorry for him that he has to spend so long in that cage. I know it’s for his own good, but damn.

My chocolate lab has our 11 acre yard, and 30 acres of timber to roam. My son and his family have 2 dogs that stay in the house, but have a small fenced in backyard. Every few weeks they come up with the dogs and let them run for a couple days. All 3 of them have a ball. They have to come in at night, but in the morning, they’re chomping at the bit to get back outside with zeke.
seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote