View Single Post
Old 03-19-2024, 02:08 PM   #40
Supporter

Lots of good points in this thread. Obesity is an evolving epidemic the last decade or more. Like Rainman said, it wasn't that way back in the day. So something has changed.
To be honest, I don't know diddly squat about Diabetes, I have empathy for those struggling with it, but for many of us it's all about the calories consumed vs. those burned, simple as that.

My observation is this:

1) Fast food, or already prepared food, is ****ing loaded with calories to easily prepare and make it taste good and bring you back.
Here is an example: One of the tastiest fast food items I have found, SuperSonic Double Cheeseburger is 1159 calories! That is without the fries! When you are trying to do 1400 a day, that makes the rest of the day pretty darn lean.

2)Lack of exercise to burn those calories. Sitting on one's ass, whether it is hairless or not, playing video games or watching the tube does not burn the calories consumed. Especially if your wolfing down a bag of chips while doing so, no matter how much air is in the bag.

The app (sp?) "Lose it" makes it simple for me
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote