View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 06:16 AM   #101
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm View Post
Never been to Slaps, Harp or several other bbq joints I’ve seen mentioned here.

Serious question: what sets these others apart? I love Joe’s. I’ve never been disappointed with Jack Stack, and other places have been more hit and miss, though I wouldn’t go so far as to call them garbage.

Already done the P&L thing. Would like to find a good spot or two that have enough seating, isn’t stupid loud with awful music or obnoxious people where we can just drink, chill, maybe grab some bar bites and play some pool, darts, etc…

And because we’ll be using Uber almost exclusively, we’re probably not gonna be looking at spending time any further south than Prairie Village, so sorry JOCO, you’re likely not for this visit.

Might bring the golf clubs, but I’m just not sure if we’ll have time for that, though that is a good idea. Think we will pack our mitts and find some park for a catch and throw.

Thanks again for all the restaurant suggestions. Sounds like Majestic might need to make the list.

Looking ahead at tix for the games, I must admit I’m pleasantly surprised to see so many good seats available for less than $50. If the team continues to win at this pace, I might actually have to consider pulling the trigger on tix sooner than later.

Anyway, there have been a lot of good ideas and suggestions thrown out there, and I genuinely appreciate it. Since my dad died, I haven’t done a lot for myself to simply enjoy things, and not really having any friends around here anymore hasn’t helped. So I’m looking forward to this trip.
Harp is I think the best bbq in town but its Raytown. Not beautiful people paradise BBQ so it gets overlooked.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.