View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 10:33 AM   #86
#triggering

I think the NFL HOF voters really needs to do a better job of adjusting the criteria when they vote because you can't really go by who got in 20 years ago and compare to those players of today.

I mean, I remember guys like Fouts, Bradshaw and Tarkenton because I was in grade school... but I never really saw the guys before them play. Many view NFL greatness only through the lens they've been able to view the games.

Hell, you probably have a lot of people that look at someone like Elway and wonder why was he considered great? I know many of you hate him and some may legitimately think he sucked, but you have to look at players in their era and find a way to judge them amongst their peers - past and future.

When Elway retired, it was really only guys like Fran and Marino that he was battling with for the top spots in most of the important categories. Elway retires after the '98 season and has the most wins 148 for an NFL QB of all time - now he's 6th. Elway was 3rd in passing TDs (behind Marino and Fran) and was only the 3rd QB to throw for 300... now he's 12th on that list with 11 guys over 300 TDs thrown - 4 have over 500 and guys like Rivers have more than 400.

Think of how many guys are going to be over 300 TDs (let's not even talk about yards or other things) in 10 seasons?

It's a wild debate for many players, but overall ... it shouldn't be that hard to really look at the body of work and that player's rank amongst his 'playing era peers' to determine his viability for the HOF.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.