Thread: Royals Royals vs Twins (4/13/14)
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 12:36 PM   #675
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
Okay, I keep watching this over and over and it looks ****ed up. The throw is gawdamn awful. I mean, he had plenty of time to make a good play. However, Salvy steps forward with his left foot and towards the mound to receive the throw. I get that he probably assumed Davis wouldn't throw it away, so he instinctively steps forward to make the catch. But, the moment he does that, his body turns inward, and he can't get to the ball. Had he waited for the ball, he could have stepped sideways instead of forward and given himself an opportunity to catch the shitty throw.

2 Things:
1. I'm NOT blaming this on Salvy, just making an observation watching the replay.

2. By stepping sideways, he may have left himself exposed to injury by opening his body to the runner like that. So, in retrospect, while it may have cost us the game, it didn't cost us an injury to one of our most valuable players. Net win?
You just over-analyzed "suck"...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.